Thursday, February 01, 2007

ginger snaps!



These are the Sugar Topped Molasses Spice cookies in Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking From My Home to Yours." They are great giant ginger snaps. At first when they were hot I loved them and then when they got cool they were very, very crisp. I didn't like how hard they were. Now I seem to keep snacking on them. They really are good and spicy and better than the store bought ginger snaps I seem to enjoy. Next time I might make them smaller so they are more snacky. They would also be good dipping cookies.

1 comment:

k8 said...

What a lovely blend of yummy snax and pretty pix! :)

That frontal shot of the stacked cookies is AWESOME!!! Once again, masterfully done!

On a side note, you liked The Searchers well enough to put it that high on your personal list? Interesting. I haven't wanted to watch it, (cause it's a western that's not named Tombstone...hahha)...but it's placement on your list gives me a little more hope!

(and, to ease your mind, I think the only reason the BBC version of P&P wasn't number 1 on the list is because it's a list of American movies...if it included foreign submissions, I'm sure that every movie from 1-100 would've been BBC's P&P...except, of course, for number 2, which woulda been Princess Bride! Hahahhaah!)