Sunday, December 17, 2006

Truffles galore!



These are some of the 100+truffles I made for Christmas gifts this year. I got the recipe from Carole Bloom, cookbook author, teacher, and more, during a cooking class I took. The same class as the peanut brittle. She made the Chinese five spice truffles for us in class and gave us the recipe for it. I took that recipe split it in half and made three different flavors using the same basic idea as the original recipe. I made 5 spice, orange, and mint truffles. My favorite is the orange, I used the fresh zest of an orange that I steeped with the cream and a couple teaspoons of grand marnier over the chocolate. I also really like the 5 spice which are different but addictive. I used 70 percent Schrafen Berger chocolate which is my go to chocolate. The recipe says it makes 60 truffles but each half recipe of mine made 35-45 truffles. I guess I made mine on the small side but I kinda like it that way because they are that rich.

No comments: